Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Obi Belt and Vegas

Wearing: The Limited Dress: sz 0, The Limited Obi Belt sz- S/M, Aldo Sandal sz6, C/O Loft Bracelets

I initially bought this Limited Obi Belt  for an outfit I had in mind. As it turned out the Obi Belt didn't work with the outfit. I put the belt away and forgot about it. A few weeks later, I was looking for a belt to cinch the waist of this dress and came across the Obi Belt. I decided to give it another try. The hardest thing was figuring out how to tie the belt. After several attempts of different tying methods I decided to use the belt as a sash.



This past weekend I went to Vegas with my colleagues for the weekend. It was the first trip, in all the years that I have been married, that I had taken a trip somewhere without my husband. My husband and I have always traveled together and have never spent a night apart.  Even during the time I went to Hawaii for a conference my husband went with me. 

Up until the day of the trip, I was pretty nervous about spending a couple nights away, but my colleagues and my husband told me not to worry so much and have some fun.

We were so busy running around that I didn't really get a chance to take pictures.  

I want to say thanks to Michelle for her recommendations of the things to see and places to eat.  

The fountain in front of the hotel we were staying in.

Wearing: Loft Curved Neck Dress sz-OP, Ann Taylor Belt sz -S,  Loft Sandal sz-5.5, Express bag

The temperature was 100 degrees so it reminded me of the temperatures growing up in central California. Weather like this didn't really bother me very much back then but I've gotten use to the weather in San Diego so I pretty much felt like I was melting. (Yes San Diego weather has spoiled me.) 

The view from our room. 

Hello from the M&M store. My boss' favorite store. 

My colleague was sweet to get us tickets to  "Vegas! The Show." The show was about Vegas' past and famous entertainers during that time. It was a fantastic show. I think If there is one thing you should do while you are in Vegas, it is to go see one of the shows. The music and dances were spectacular. The dancers were in great shape and I kept thinking during the show that I really need to hit the gym soon.

 I had a great time in Vegas. I survived the weekend without my husband though, I have to admit, it did get pretty lonely at night without him. LOL I sound like a newly wed.

Hope everyone's week is going well.

35 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time, even with the crazy temperatures. And I love that obi belt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I have a great time despite the heat.

      Delete
  2. You stayed in Caesars? I love it :) I stayed there too! and I got to see a Cirque De Soleil there! It was awesome!

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I always wanted to see Cirque Del Soleil. Hopefully another time.

      Delete
  3. I love las Vegas!! and Celine! I would probably freaked out if I saw that poster LOL! Could you please consider following each other? www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.com www.twitter.com/shineonbyandrea Instagram: shineonbyandrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'll check out your blog.

      Delete
  4. Love what you did with the Obi belt! I've been to Vegas once and I would love to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Glad you had fun! Caesars is a great hotel to be at...the mall is right below your room! :) I apologize for the heat! Did you get a chance to swim?

    I am the same way as you...I do not like being away from my husband like that. I tried it once years ago when I went up to Seattle with my in-laws for about three days. I don't want to do that again! I might be able to handle Hawaii, though! :p

    Also...great outfit! Loving that belt. Especially paired with those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Michelle. We were so busy we didn't get a chance to enjoy the pool. There are so many things to do and see in Vegas. One day there is definitely not enough time.

      Delete
  6. Looks like you had a lot of fun! I've never been to Vegas, but it's definitely on my to-visit list for the future. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vegas is definitely one of the place you must visit. I think Spring and Fall is the best time to visit. Summer is just too hot.

      Delete
  7. Great you had fun in Vegas! Your husband and you must be such a lovely couple. It is so wonderful you found and are with such a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SS. I'm very lucky to have him as a husband.

      Delete
  8. Sooo so jealous you went to Vegas without me! It's so much fun, I've been there 5x! And the last time I went I stayed at the Caeser's palace. The M&M world is such a fun place, so much to buy and see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bessie, I didn't know you want to go. Next time I'll let you know. This time was my first time. We drove there. It was a 6 hrs drive.

      Delete
  9. WOW great belt! Hope you had a great time in Vegas...when I have gone it was also around August and it was sooo hot..Hope you were near a pool at all times. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We were so busy running around that we didn't the chance to enjoy the pool.

      Delete
  10. The belt goes perfectly with your dress and shoes, great choice! And I love your bangles too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww love!!! i heart your lace dress and the obi belt for contrast!!!

    love vegas!! just not in the summer haha because it's too hot hahah :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. Vegas was fun but too hot for me.

      Delete
  12. You look lovely! I adore Vegas too, you are dressed perfectly for it :) And by the way, I am in a dresses mood as well..

    ReplyDelete
  13. you looked really awesome - and i'm glad you had fun in vegas! it is so cute - you are adorable newlyweds!! <3 xox P

    phiphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing these lovely Vegas photos...& you looked awesome inspite the hot temps!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh love your ensemble! The lace and leather make for quite the interesting contrast...just a hint of japanese influence, love this summertime look!

    Would love to get your thoughts on my most recent hotel renovation when you get a chance! Hope to see you soon!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have always loved the look of the obi belt but dont own any. It paired nicely with your lace dress. What a fun girls trip to Vegas. I want to visit one day but with a liitle one in tow we def have to wait.

    Like you, i get nervous if i have to go without my husband. As cliche as it may sound, he is my everything from husband, best bud to shopping partner to wanting to kill each other. You and your husband sound like a very loving couple, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Graet Style. I follow your Blog now.
    Please follow me.
    A.

    dramaticmode.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely LOOOVE that first outfit with the Obi belt. I still have never been to Vegas - looks like a fun time :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Vegas! but sometimes its just a bit much for me. And don't get me started on the shopping there. SO many stores!

    The obi belt is a perfect addition to that dress! It balances out the girly lace details. I've totally been eying the Limited's obi belts, I'll have to pick one up next time there's a promotion :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So fun! I've never been to Vegas but it is on my list of places to visit someday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. exactly 2 yrs ago we were in vegas and also stay at the Caesar Palace. I loved it there, wish we can go back but so hard with a baby..maybe one day! glad u had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the vintage inspired look. The outfits look very romantic.
    Vegas is such a fun place to visit. Its one of the places I visit at least once a year.

    xx,

    www.loveandcompanyblog.ca

    ReplyDelete