Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Aloha Summer and The Liebster Blog Award


To me the nothing says "it's the start of summer" like a trip to Hawaii. As much as I wish I could say that I started my summer with a trip to Hawaii it wasn't meant to be. Although summer officially began on June 21, my summer started with my annual company summer party. It didn't help that the weather for June has been pretty gloomy.  The theme this year was Hawaiian. I really look forward to the event since it is the only time of year my work place allows their employees to dress casually.  


In the spirit of the Hawaiian theme I decided to pull out the Hawaiian print dress and flowers barrettes I bought during a work trip to Hawaii. 




Wearing: Dress from a little shop in Hawaii -sz S, Loft Cardigan -sz XSP, Aldo Sandal sz 6


The annual summer party is held at the head academic headquarters. This is the water fountain in the courtyard. The courtyard is beautiful and if I worked here I'd probably have my lunch by the water fountain everyday. 


Of course the Hawaiian theme party would not be complete without a little Hawaiian dancing to entertain the guests.







I have recently been nominated for the Liebster blog award by Joy of Aria Rhapsody. I want to thank Joy for the nomination and everyone for visiting and commenting on my blog. I really appreciate all the love and support from everyone. 


The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.


Here are the rules for receiving this award:

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs!

11 Things About Myself

1. I'm a shy and quiet person in real life. 
2. I love Japanese anime and manga
3. I'm a helpless romantic dreamer. I believe in things like love at first sight and soul mates.  
4. I rarely watch movie solely based on the fact that an actor or actress is staring in the movie. Instead I prefer to watch a movie with story that catches my interest and fall in love with the character the actor or actress is playing. 
5. I can't hide my emotions from my husband. He knows me too well. 
6. My favorite foreign drama series is the Taiwanese drama "Mars." 
7. I enjoy playing video games and my favorite game is Dynasty Warriors.
8. I love martial arts.
9. Even though I am no longer a kid, I still love watching Disney movies. I just saw Brave and loved it. 
10.I can't watch scary movie or listen to scary stories.
11. When I was younger I was more of a tomboy but people wouldn't know that if they met me today.

Joy's Questions

1. What is your favorite clothing item or accessory? My silver Claddagh band that my husband and I bought when we were dating. See here for the meaning of the Claddagh ring. 
2. Favorite place to shop (online or store)? Ann Taylor
3. Top 3 favorite foods? Laotian papaya salad, beef salad (larb), kimchi fried rice
4. What are 2 hobbies you enjoy? I love reading and fashion.
5. Dream vacation? I would love to visit the Maldives.
6. Favorite book? The Harry Potter series.
7. Favorite candy or dessert? Cheesecake.
8. Favorite TV show? I don't get the chance to watch TV much. When I do get the chance I like to watch the "Big Bang Theory."
9. Favorite scent?  Victoria Secret's "Secret Crush" which has been discontinued. 
10. Most loved superhero? Wonder Woman 
11. Why do you enjoy blogging? It gives me the chance to step out of my comfort zone without the pressures of society and it allows me to discover my own fashion style. Blogging has also allowed me the chance to meet many wonderful people and make some new friends.

My Questions

1. If you were given the chance to meet your favorite blogger, who would it be and why? 
2. What is your favorite movie?
3. What is the one thing you cannot live without? 
4. Do you speak another language? 
5. What country have you visited or would like to visit? 
6. If you could have any person's wardrobe collection, who would it be?
7. Have you ever done anything spontaneous?
8. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
9. What is one word that would describe your personality?
10.What was the best advise your mom ever gave you?
11. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose to be?

My Nominations

I'm passing this onto the following bloggers to spread the love, give support to new and upcoming blogs, or just showcase a couple of blogs that I love! (all have less than 200 followers).



66 comments:

  1. Aww.. thank you so much for nominating me, you are too sweet :) Love reading the fact about you and feel like I now know you a bit more than just an outfit. My eldest son is a die hard fan of anime and manga too, he even learn Japanese because of that and Maldives, you have to go soon.. it is BEAUTIFUL beyond words, I highly recommend Velassaru, one of the resorts :)
    I'm not sure if I told you this before but I think dresses suits you best!
    Thanks again!

    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES DAILY where Fashion and Food collide!
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Mrs. C for the resort recommendation. I hope I get to visit Maldives soon. I'm glad you enjoy the post. I always reading facts about blogger.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much to nominating me. You are so kind! Great to know more about you from these questions. I cannot watch any scary movies or listen to any scary stories too. The truth is I cannot take some kind of them but I always have nightmares afterward.

    That dress is super cute on you. Your work has a great party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SS. My work place only have two party twice a part. A party for summer and Christmas. Scary gives me nightmare too.

      Delete
    2. Finally I answered it. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. Hope you had a fun in Hawaii! Loved your dress. I think it was perfect for a casual/work environment.

    Btw, thanks for the nomination! The questions look fun. I'm also a big scardy cat with scary movies and was upset that Secret Crush was discountinued too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I was in Hawaii but I wasn't. I can't wait to see answers.

      Delete
    2. Oh I must have misunderstood! Sorry!

      I'm going to have to think hard about how to answer your questions! =)

      Delete
    3. Cathy, no worries. I'm glad you answered them.

      Delete
  4. OMG, this dress is so darn pretty and love the leis and the flower pin on it! At least you had a Hawaiian themed party to attend, I've got nothing remotely close to Hawaii, or even a beach, here in the mid west!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the nomination! So sweet of you! Cute photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable dress! :)

    http://astyleinprogress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun party! Glad your summer started with a little "Hawaii". =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute hawaiin dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great theme! Lovely Hawaiian print dress! Love the 'Big Bang Theory' and kimchi fried rice as well <3

    ariarhapsody.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this dress! You definitely look ready for a luau and I can see you just got leied..haha cheesy ;) I know! Anyways, congratulations on the award, you absolutely deserve it. I am not a hopeless romantic at all...this could be the reason why I have not been on a date in over 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute little theme for a summer work party. And you dressed perfectly to match the theme, couldn't have done any better! =)

    Love from the NANA girls xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my how fun is your company...i wish my company would di something like this too. Your dress is perfect for this Hawaiian theme, at first gkance i seriously thought you were in an Aloha island.

    Congratulations on your blog award too. I am similar to you in many points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nelah! My company only have two party twice a year. For the most part, it the individual department that does their own party.

      Delete
  13. heart this! i feel like i have so many things to comment on hahaha..

    1. i love your hawaiian print dress!! it's very pretty and feminine! i'm from hawaii and i get annoyed with the loud obnoxious hawaiian print that tourists tend to wear.. yours i love tho!

    mars is one of my favorite drama's too!!! hahah in response to your 7-11 statement.. yes there's actually this thing that's been documented that's called 7-11 culture in taiwan.. there's 7-11's on every street corner.. and they have the most amazing yummy things to eat and you can do everything from pay your electric bill to buying train tickets inside 7-11! it's amazing!

    i'm dying to visit maldives too!!! and i heart everything HP!! HP FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!! muhahahaha i dressed up in full harry potter garb one year compete with the cape, wand and a faux owl perched on my shoulders. i.kid.you.not. hahahha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I'm guilty of being one of those tourists who love the obnoxious Hawaiian print. My husband talked me out of the Hawaiian print dress.

      The 7-11 in Taiwan are amazing.
      I love that you dressed up in full HP garb. I would probably done the same.

      Delete
  14. Hey dear nice dress here!
    XOXO
    Ylenia
    I really like your blog and outfits, I'm following you now and hope you will do the same!
    Also, I hope you will enter the competition to become the Fashion Muse of Forerunner2 magazine, learn more on my blog by clicking here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I will definitely check out your blog.

      Delete
  15. so awesome you guys had real dancers. love your dress and the lei's. :) congrats on the award! it's always great learning more about my fellow bloggers. :) have a great rest of the weekend!
    kisses,
    jasmine
    AdamAlexMommy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was about to be super jealous of your trip to Hawaii. Maybe I just need to gather up some lei's and have my own Hawaii :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Sarah, you nothing to be jealous about. This is a close as I will get to Hawaii for now.

      Delete
  17. This Hawaiian theme is making me want to travel to some far off island and ditch out on work.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful pictures! :)

    http://sindy-ng.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. wont it be awesome to take a trip to hawaii!!! ugh i could use another vaca already lol I love watching Korean dramas! im so addicted to it :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just answered your questions on my blog! Thanks again for the nomination! =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. omg, so fun. Fabulous post, love! If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest post for LaurenConrad.com. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing outfit!!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. this show looks so fun, you're so lucky!

    giveaway: win a customised diary!
    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. such a pretty dress! i love hawaii!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. gorgeous dress..love the color! Congrats for the award! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog
    Style-Delights on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  26. YOUR DRESS IS TO DIE FOR. I AM FOLLOWING. I hope you can check out my site: http://theproverbs.net and FOLLOW. Thanks for your time. Hope to hear from you soon and joining..

    god bless,
    steven b.

    ReplyDelete
  27. How fun! I wish my office would have a Hawaiian themed party! Your outfit is adorable!

    5. I'm convinced that in successful marriages, husbands & wives have their own wordless type of language. But on the other hand, sometimes I get so exasperated with my husband when he is being a typical male & doesn't comprehend my hints. LOL You win some and then you lose some. :P

    8. What type do you participate in?

    9. I'm 27 and don't think I will ever grow out of Disney! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just found your blog and I think it is amazing.I will come again for sure If you want we could follow each other? If you want just follow me and send me your link on lavieenrose.blog8@gmail.com and I will follow you immediately
    http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I wish my office was this fun. A Hawaiian-themed party? How awesome!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks a lot for stopping by and commenting dear!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  31. hey, sweetie! just letting you know that you are the winner of my blog header giveaway. :) the designer will contact you soon, so please discuss with her what you have in mind... :)

    have a lovely weekend, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just checking to see if you're contacted... let me know if you haven't been contacted yet! have a nice wknd!

      Delete
  32. Hi dear, I've nominated you for an award. Please check it out at Fashionably Yours
    Love
    Juneli

    ReplyDelete
  33. great party! looks a lot of fun!
    love your outfit by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Looks like such a fun party! You look absolutely perfect for a Hawaiian themed party. That dress is so pretty!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love this Aloha summer post. Your style is so fun and stylish and you look great in that outfit

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a great summer theme! Lovely to get to know more about you. Enjoy your week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. i love this post. Makes me wanna go back to Hawaii. I am glad i found your blog. YOur outfit is adorable and you too. BTW, i hope you don't mind me asking? How do you nominate someone from for Liebster Blog Award? I have some bloggers in mind that I want to nominate. Do you post about it on your blog or just send them a message? Thanks

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great post! Sounds like you had a lot of fun in Hawaii! I love the floral blue dress on you!
    -Tina
    http://2petite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. congratulations on your nomination. I am sure you deserve it. Thank you also for visiting my humble blog. BTW, that's a pretty dress on you.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete