Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Navy, Red and Polka Dots

Hi everyone. It feels like it has been forever since my last post. I've been so busy I haven't had the chance to blog.

A couple of week ago I went to return a Loft dress I had bought from the outlet and ended up coming home with this dress from the Ann Taylor Factory Store. I was still debating whether to keep the dress or return it and so it sat in my closet unworn.

For once my indecisiveness turned out to be a good thing because the dress turned out to be just what I needed for a party event this past Saturday. Actually it was more of a huge cultural event rather than just a simple party. It was my husband's Uncle's naming party and these types of events usually last all day. They were planning on having over a hundred guests so there was a lot of food to prepare.

I originally wore black pumps and no red belt but had to change into sandals because, as it turned out, I was the designated errand girl. I had to go shopping for all the last minute things that were still needed. The event was good but I was exhausted by the end of the night. The dress is made of 100% cotton and machine washable so I didn't have to worry about ruining the dress if anything got on it. The dress also had pockets which made it so much easier on me because I had a place to put my keys and cell phone.

Have a good weekend. Hopefully I'll have a quiet and relaxing one this time.=)



Wearing: Ann Taylor Factory Dress sz OP, Red belt borrowed from another dress, Jessica Simpson Pump sz 6, The Limited necklace







38 comments:

  1. Love that pop of red! Perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like a good navy and red combo. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Navy and red is becoming one of my favorite combo too.

      Delete
  3. Good that you decided to keep it! Such a pretty dress, classic blue and navy with polka dots, seems very comfy too- looks like a dress with loads of use value!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dot dress is so cute, and so perfect with the red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so wonderful! the red is perfect as your pop of colour!! xox P

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and looks absolutely perfect with the red accent color! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i know how it can get... sometimes i do not blog for weeks. :)

    wow, it looks amazing. is this the same one i saw on instagram? not poofy at all, and love the way you styled it. :) have a great wknd!!

    xoxo
    jasmine
    AdamAlexMommy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine. Yes that is the same dress you saw on instagram.

      Delete
  8. Your dress is so pretty and classic. I love it. That polka-dot has a lot of size, which is interesting. I love that you paired with red. Really good idea!

    That party sounds really interesting to me. I don't know so much about other culture than mine, so good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the polka dotted dress on you! The red pumps add a great pop of color to the outfit too. You look very 50's chic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Rinny for stopping by my blog and your sweet comment.

      Delete
  10. This is a great dress! it has a vintage vibe and I've not been to ann taylor factory store in some time. If you decide to wash this dress at home, make sure you wash it in cold and don't put it through the dryer. It'll horribly fade...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love anything that has unexpected pockets. Love dresses, skirts, you name it. Your dress is adorable!

    Helen
    dietingfashions.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cute dear, now you can wear it again for july 4th weekend :) have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love that color combo! so darling.

    xo,

    wardrobe girls

    www.wardrobesimetandliked.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love it!my mother's fashion is returned)

    http://lo-ve-peace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I love it. Like REALLY love it. The shoes and the belt are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep, recycling- that's all I do too! Thanks dear for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the dress and the way you have tied your belt!! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    PS. New post is up on my blog. Check it out whenever you have time!
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. ahhhh that is such an adorable dress!! and i lovee loveeeee the red accents you added!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous outfit! I'm loving polka dots right now, and the hint of red is such a classic look. Beautiful!

    <3 Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really cute dress! Love the touch of red :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Red and navy is such a great color combination!

    http://www.themirroronthewall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. This outfit is beautiful! The cut of that dress is so flattering :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the fit of the dress and navy and red go so well together!! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog
    Win $40 giftcard from Reecn.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this dress. Very classic and timeless. And I'm always a fan of navy blue and red.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete