Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Scallop Cravings

Ever since I saw the H&M scalloped jacket worn by Jen of Her Waise Choice I have been in love with clothes that have scalloped details.

I've been trying to keep an eye open for anything with scalloped details. My twitter friends: Sew Petite Gal, Aubs , and Elle have kept me posted on any items that they found. Thanks girls, you are awesome!

Sadly, even with all the help and posts from my twitter friends I wasn't able to find any items that I loved or felt was a good fit for my style. Finally my prayers were answered and I came across this Ark & Co scalloped jacket from a boutique called Angl during a little shopping trip I took on my birthday. I tried on the jacket and fell in love with it instantly but walked out of the store without it because I wasn't sure about the price. My husband urged me to return and get the jacket for myself as a birthday gift. Well I'm glad that I did because I have since found myself pairing this jacket with many of my current outfits.






Wearing: Ark & Co Scalloped Blazer sz -S, Forever21 Dress sz-S, Jessica Simpson Sling back sz-6, Delia's Love Monogram necklace, The Limited Bracelet, Unknown brand hearts bracelet from Ross




45 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love this blazer, the scallop details are so feminine and gorgeous and it looks great over the dress you are wearing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Bessie. The blazer is my favorite piece for Spring/ Summer.

      Delete
  2. gorgeous blazer! what a great choice. you are wearing it beautifully!! xox P

    phiphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scalloped blazer! and it looks amazing on that pretty mustard pleated dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. when i saw this on instagram, i absolutely fell in love with the jacket! it looks great on you, and it's awesome that your hubby puts his two cents on fashion. :) love the yellow pleating on your dress! you look really stylish, y! :)

    i am currently looking for a scallop detail bathing suit.

    hope your day is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine. You're so sweet. Good luck on your search for a scallop detail bathing suit. I'll let you know if I come across any.

      Delete
  5. That jacket fits you really well. Good buy! I like your skirt. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scallop blazer is nice but how you pair it is even nicer! The color of the skirt makes this outfit lively.. well done!

    Come walk my footsteps in my visit to Venice/Treviso:
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/2012/05/micro-break-from-heat-veneto-italy.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blazer is so unique and i like a neutral color. How sweet of your husband to encourage you to get something for yourself. Love..love...love your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. omgosh that blazer is ADORABLE!!! i've seen many many scalloped articles of clothing but i have to say yours is one of the most unique and pretty that i've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I have seen a few scalloped but none has made me want to buy them as much as this blazer.

      Delete
  9. That scallop jacket is GORGEOUS! I haven't seen one like it - very pretty on you! And thanks for the shout-out - you are so awesome with your twitter alerts too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it's so pretty and so unique! I love it paired with that skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These outfit is lovely!!

    xx,
    Sandra @ Blasfemmes.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely outfit! Beautiful blazer!!
    You have a nice blog, maybe you want to follow each other, on GFC and bloglovin? I'll follow you back for sure :)

    Have a great weekend!

    x♥x♥

    "Dicas de saúde, beleza, e exercício físico"



    ReplyDelete
  13. Love blazer and it goes perfectly with your mustard pleated skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! I have seen some scalloped shorts that I thought were pretty darn cute. Unfortunately I didn't get them. Maybe I will stumble upon some more...

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Good luck with your search for scalloped shorts.

      Delete
  15. I'm glad you went back to get it, the jacket is great! And yes b/c it's a neutral will go with so many outfits - work, dressy and casual!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't usually see scallop edge on blazer and this is rather unique.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute (and unique!) blazer. Surprisingly the neutral colour goes well with the yellow skirt, never would have thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great scalloped blazer! I'm obsessed with anything that has scallops -- it's extra pretty :)

    ReplyDelete