Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Layering Puzzle Game

Layering clothes is like a puzzle game, you have various pieces of clothing that may or not fit together to create an outfit. The fun part is trying to figure out which item of clothing goes with another to create a finished puzzle. Sometimes you are successful and end up with a great ensemble. Other times you end up with a "what the heck was I thinking."

The thought of layering a lace dress over a blouse has been on my mind since the recent Petite Fashion Challenge.  For the Petite Fashion Challenge I was inspired by an outfit of a lace dress layered over a striped tee featured in Lucky Magazine April Issue and recreated the look. You can see it here.

I wanted to layers items of clothes with a romantic feel and thought I'd try pairing the lace dress over a nude blouse. Since the lace dress is too short to wear for work I added a pencil skirt to the outfit. I think the outfit wasn't too bad and I like how the lace looked with the nude blouse.

I  hope everyone has a good weekend!





Wearing: Loft Blouse (Sleeves are shorten)  sz XS, Forever 21 Lace Dress sz S, Express Skirt sz 0, Jessica Simpson Pump sz 6, The The Limited Faux Pearl Earring





29 comments:

  1. Agreed, layering is hard to figure out...a lot of playing around until you find what works...you did a fantastic job here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Immaculate! :)

    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks. I was surprise they work well together.

      Delete
  4. I like this a lot! You did a great job with the layering here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I have a hard time layering so I'm glad the outfit turn out well.

      Delete
  5. i love layering... and you did a terrific job with these pieces of the puzzle. i have to try it. hope you're having a great wunday. :)
    xoxo
    jasmine
    AdamAlexMommy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jasmine I think you do a wonderful job layering.

      Delete
  6. Such an amazing layering! I would never have thought of layering a top under a dress and a skirt on top of it! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Top + dress + skirt = impressive! I would be sweating under all those layers. :P Love those Jessica Simpson slingbacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually freezing in my office with all the layers. The blouse and lace dress are too thin for my Arctic temperature office.

      Delete
  8. I think you did a great job! The lace gives your blouse's sleeves a even more delicate look. Very cool effect.

    Helen @ dietingfashions.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you did a great job layering lace over the blouse! I also have that black skirt from express in black!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much sweetie, wish you a lovely week:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love how you brought back to jean skirt! :-)
    www.thepetitebow.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you didn't mention you layered the two pieces, I would think it's one piece blouse. This is such a romantic look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love the pattern of that lace - so pretty and romantic!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the idea pairing your lace and nude blouse. It is so pretty. They matches well with pencil skirt. You look really elegant!

    ReplyDelete