Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Back to Basics

Along the way to building a versatile wardrobe I have filled my closet with a lot of work appropriate clothing.  Each time I went shopping, I always looked for clothes that was a good match for work. Casual clothes were somehow always put on the back burner. I would only remember that I needed more casual clothing when I rummaged through my closet looking for a plain t-shirt and jeans to wear.

Inspired by the Petite Fashion Challenge # 6 Dress Up Your Basic hosted by Jess of Stylepint I decided to get back to basics and there nothing is more basic than a plain white t-shirt and a good ol' pair of jeans. The challenges are hosted by a different petite blogger every month. Check here to see the full list of previous and upcoming challenges.

I didn't have any white t-shirts so I picked this one up from Walmart for about $5. The t-shirt length was a little long and passed my hip so I tucked in the extra material. I wanted to add my own personal touch and a little bit of a feminine touch to the outfit so I added the Forever21 lace jacket and necklace.  My husband said he really liked this outfit on me. He thought it was a nice change to see me in some nice casual clothing.


Wearing: Forever21 Lace Blazer old sz -S, Walmart Hanes T-shirt sz S, American Eagle Slim Boot Jeans
sz Short 2, Forever21 Necklace, Ann Taylor Peeptoe Bootie old sz -6

33 comments:

  1. The lace blazer and tee are a fun combination! Great necklace choice, too!

    I love those heels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your casual look! I think this is the first time I've ever seen you in jeans :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I wore jean for my first PFC. I'm usually in jean on the weekend. I don't post picture of me in jean because my outfit with jeans are pretty boring.

      Delete
  3. Hats off to basics-one can never go wrong with them! I love how you spiced up your basics with that pretty lace jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your casual look. Casual yet chic. Good idea to try past PFC...good exercise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love to look at the past PFC for inspiration.

      Delete
  5. Love the lace jacket! I really need to add some lace to my wardrobe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's so cute that your hubby tells you that he likes the outfit. :) my hubby usually is oblivious, lol. you do look great! the jacket is so pretty! i love the way you use your accessories. :)

    enjoy your day, y!
    xoxo
    jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine. My husband has been paying more attention lately.

      Delete
  7. luckily we can wear jeans to work now but before I would not buy jeans or anything that I can not wear to work. Since we are already at work 5 days out of the week already :D I love buying clothes that can be for work and for play. love that cute lace cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great outfit! I really like it. :) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lace jacket is pretty! It gave this outfit a LIFT!

    Come see my outfit and new vintage clutch here:
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/2012/05/vintage-furla-clutch.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhh adore the lace blazer and tee combo on you! so chic and casual at the same time :)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohh love the lace blazer, it goes so well with the jeans!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your lace blazer is really pretty, I also love that necklace! I don't have too much lace in my closet...I think it's just a few tops and a skirt...definitely need to look for something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bessie. I think I may have too many lace. ;)

      Delete
  13. another love for the lace blazer!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable lace blazer! You look so chic!
    I would love for you to visit my blog sometime!

    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this lace jacket!! So pretty! And you look polished! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh I love it. It is great to see you in a casual outfit and that lace jacket is the perfect amount of a feminine touch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Back to basic has been my favorite theme as of late. Your basic look still has that sweet twist, lovely.

    ReplyDelete