Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Twitter is my Kryptonite

Now that the busy and crazy days are over, I’m hoping I can get back to blogging again.
I went on a little shopping spree (seems to happen a lot doesn't it) and bought a few dresses and shoes at the end of last month. My purchases were largely influenced by the sale alerts  tweeted by Fast Food & Fast Fashion, Petite Little GirlExtra Petite and Sandy a La Mode on Twitter. As Elle elegantly puts it: “Twitter is a platform on which shopping in moderation goes to die.”  Let me tell you, as hard as I try, it's almost impossible to resist the sales alerts on twitter. I think my husband may ban me from twitter. Actually I know he would if he knew. :o

Like Elle I also saw the tweet that  Petite Little Girl sent to Extra Petite with a link to a mint peplum dress. I have been searching (I know I know I'm always searching right) for a peplum dress so when I saw the dress I was excited and I had to get the dress.  I have never heard of Tobi until I saw the Petite Little Girl tweet. Tobi is an online boutique that sells trendy clothes for affordable prices. Everyday Tobi offers 30% off of new arrivals.  See Elle's reviews on the mint peplum dress and other Tobi dresses here. 



 Tobi Sole Mio Open Hearted Peplum Dress -szS, Ann Taylor Cheri Peetpoe Platform Pumps sz5.5
Measurement laid flat: Bust: 13 inches, Waist: 12 inches, Hip:13.5 inches, Length from strap to bottom:                                         32.5 inches
Material: 86% Polyester, 12% Rayon, 2% Spandex

The dress is made of a medium-knit weight material and it is somewhat stretchy. It fits me well, however, the straps are slightly big on my shoulders and the dress really emphasizes my thighs. What I dislike about the dress is the heart shape bust which make me feel like I'm a teen. Unfortunately, I will be returning the dress. *Sigh* I guess my search for a peplum dress continues although I'm debating if I should stop since the peplum style doesn't seem to flatter my body shape. 

My next purchases were influenced by Elle of Fashion Food & Fast Fashion who tweeted a code for $50 off a $150 purchases in addition to 30% off the entire purchase. I figured it would be a good idea to get a few Ann Taylor online exclusive items. I ordered two dresses and a pair of platform pumps. I will be doing a post on the pumps in the near future. 

Measurement laid flat: Bust: 13.5 inches, Waist: 12 inches, Hip:14 inches, Length: 33 inches, Shoulder: 12 inches
Material:95% Rayon, 5% Spandex
The dress is made of light-knit weight stretchy material and is great when the weather is warmer. The twist knot detail is one of the things that caught my interest and I love the color of the dress. I feel it's such a pretty color for Spring. The twist knot seems to sit on the model's waist line while the the twist knot here is slightly above the waist. I really like how the dress looked on the model but this one looks "meh" on me so I'm going to return the dress. 
                                      
Measurement lay flat: Bust: 13 inches, Waist: 12.5 inches, Hip:14.5 inches, Length: 33 inches, Shoulder: 13 inches, Sleeves: 17 inches
Material:95% Polyster, 5% Spandex  
I got this dress as a filler to meet the free shipping requirement. The dress is a medium stretchly material and feels heavier than the previous dress. It comes with a smocked waistband belt that is attached to the dress. It's hard to see it in the photo but I personally think the belt kinda ruins the dress. It can do without the belt.  This is also a return for me. 

Sydney of Petite Little Girl was kind enough to sell me this dress from "The Limited" that she and Elle tweeted about. The dress is sold out online and in the stores here. I love the dresses and skirts that "The Limited" offers but it's a let down that they don't offer petite sizes. That means that even though the dresses or skirts may fit it will usually require alteration on the length of the dresses. 

Measurement lay flat: Bust: 14 inches, Waist: 12 inches, Hip:14 inches, Length: 35 inches, Shoulder: 12.5 inches,
Material: Shell: 65% Polyester 30% Rayon, 5% Spandex, Lining: 100% Polyester
The dress feels like a medium weight material that doesn't allow much room for stretching but it's fully lined. The dress is slightly snug along my torso and waist and flares out at my hip. The length hits me right at the knee. I am currently considering if I should have it altered at least 2 inches above my knees. My husband said that it looked fine. What do you think? 

See the dress on Elle and Sydney here


So were any of you influenced by the sales alerts on blogs or twitter?




26 comments:

  1. Awww, so sad I missed the mint dress, I love peplum this season! How much was it for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still like the mint peplum on you but think the straps need to be shortened so it doesn't bunch at the bodice. Love your new Zara sandals - so very pretty! Can't wait to see how else you'll wear them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions. I decided to return the dress. I afraid the dress will end up hanging in a dark corner of my closet.

      Delete
  3. Looove the mint peplum, and twitter is mine too, I'm following you right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan. Twitter can be a good and bad thing. Yes you're following me. My twitter handle is shystardreamer.

      Delete
  4. Omg I love that mint dress...I think it looks great on you! I also am digging those 2 tone Zara heels! Sales alerts are evil! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. OMG the recent JCrew alerts are killing me. I don't think I can take any more. LOL.

      Delete
  5. aww super cute love all your new closet additions but my fav would def have to be that mint peplum dress i mean how could i not love it.. mint + peplum = perfection!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yayyyyy for those zara heels!! love love! i still have to wear mine!! glad i could be of help! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for tweeting about the Zara heels.

      Delete
  7. Love AT twist knot dress on you. Too bad you didn't like it. I agree that dress on you looks different from the one online.

    I like that length of pink dress, but could be better with 2 inch shorter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a hard time deciding if I want to keep the dress but in the end decided to return it.

      Delete
  8. Love those AT shoes with the pink heels so much :) Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still debating on whether to keep them or not.

      Delete
  9. I think the coral looks great. And I love the heels you're wearing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are some excellent purchases! And I especially love the new shoes you bought, the Zara ankle strap shoes are gorgeous and the two tone Ann Taylor pumps are fantastic! I guess I am still not that much of an online shopper so I don't pay attention to deals as much on twitter...there's no such thing as shopping moderation when you live right behind Michigan Avenue :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. off topic but love those zara shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The peplum dress is gorgrous and has an interesting cut and details, no wonder why you must have it. Talking about a temptation, so glad i opted out from Twitter, i know i am weak..haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo love the peplum dress and the color too! it might look a bit better if it was a little longer? i actually don't own any but i think i would love to try one on to see how it look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, Twitter, Facebook even blogging, has made me into such a shopaholic!

    I love your picks. I really like the mint peplum dress. Very cute on you.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to scroll through the Twitter alerts REALLY quickly so that I don't shop too much!
    Sarah
    www.comingunstitched.com

    ReplyDelete