Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Ruffles and Pleats

Happy Monday! I hope everyone's week is starting off on a good note. The petite version of this Ann Taylor skirt was an online exclusive and sold out before I could get it so when I saw the skirt in regular size 0 at the store I was curious to see how it would fit. On me the skirt is knees length but the on the model here the skirt was a couple inches about the knee.  The skirt is lined and the pleats are only on the front and back while the sides are not pleated. I find that this type of pleating is more flattering on my body. I can see this skirt getting a lot of wear for Spring.

Skirt Measurement: Length: 19.5 inches, Waist: 14 
Skirt Materials: Shell: 97% Polyster, 3% Spandex, Lining: 94 Polyster, 6% Spandex

Wearing: Banana Republic Factory Shell sz XSP, Banana Republic Factory Cardigan -sz XSP, Ann Taylor Skirt sz 0, Ann Taylor Perfect Pump -sz 5.5





26 comments:

  1. I love this look! What a gorgeous skirt and it fits you really nicely! I haven't been into Ann Taylor in a while but should go, I have a rewards card that is about to expire soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bessie. You should. Ann Taylor has a wonderful collection for Spring and Summer.

      Delete
  2. So pretty and lady-like! I'm a big fan of pleated skirts and the color-blocking on this one makes it even more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love lady-like skirt. They're so feminine and pretty.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much sweetie, wish you an amazing week! You look so classy, love your skirt!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skirt is very sweet and the design makes it interesting!

    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That's what drew my attention to the skirt.

      Delete
  5. I love this skirt on you, Ying. It's casual but dressy at the same time. The length is perfect on you and what a great way to do color-blocking. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great look! i love this skirt on you - it's beautiful and interesting too! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that skirt! such a unique and striking print. great length, and love the shirt you wore with it.

    have a great day!

    xoxo
    jasmine
    ❤AdamAlexMommy❤

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for stopping by my blog
    love that skirt the designs and pleats are perfect for spring and summer
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  9. That skirt is so beautiful. I think the length is perfect for you and you look really elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way that this was color-blocked - very modern and pretty! Great find, Ying!

    ReplyDelete
  11. really love your skit, for a sec I thought it was a dress! you paired it so well with that blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a color blocking skirt wit a fun twist. Love pleats, i like how you paired it with that blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wish you an amazing weekend sweetie:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OHHH heart this! your outfit is so pretty and feminine! i love pleats AND ruffles!!! the epitome of a elegant lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. aww this is sooo pretty! i love the ruffled blouse matched with the pleated skirt so cute!

    ReplyDelete