Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Yello' Spring

Wearing: Express Blouse old -XS , Loft Skirt old - OP, Banana Republic Cami - XSP, Jessica Simpson Pump -6, Loft Necklace old, The Limited Ring old -6

I tried to come up with a creative title for this post. Since I was wearing a yellow blouse I thought "hey, why not change the Hello to Yellow." I  know I know...I'm being a dork. =)

With Spring here I am excited to pull out my favorite spring items.

 A long, long, long time ago I would not have considered anything in yellow for the following reasons:  1) The color yellow was too bright for a shy person like me 2) I was afraid yellow would look horrible on me because of my skin tone.

While shopping at Express I found a pretty white blouse on sale but, unfortunately, there were no more blouses in my size. The only extra small left on the rack was this yellow one. My original intention was to try it on just to get in idea of how it would fit me and if the fit worked out I'd try to track down the white version. But as I was looking in the mirror and deciding on the fit a sales representative told me that the yellow blouse looked great on me. I was still a little hesitant but I thought I would give the color a chance and bought the blouse.

For a while the blouse sat in my closet, overlooked and forlorn, until that fateful day when I was looking for a top to pair with the Loft skirt and found the blouse again. Since that day the blouse has been one of my favorite item to pair with the floral skirt.

Ladies, do you have that dreaded color you avoided only to find out that you loved how the color looked on you?

39 comments:

  1. Such a great post, I really like it, these pics are so nice!
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
    Last day to win your favourite jewels from Les Jumelles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that LOFT skirt. I bought it last year but the fit was so weird on me. I ended up returning it. Great look for Spring, Ying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sydney. I remember the skirt was popular among the petite community. I found that the skirt fit better if I wore it on my hips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should not be afraid because it looks fab on you!! glad you learned to love it. :) btw, you have a lovely figure. :)
    have a great day!
    xoxo
    jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jasmine you're always so kind to me. I hope you have a great day.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely in the yellow - and it pairs perfectly with that skirt. I'm not certain that there's a color I don't like...but there are probably colors that wish I didn't like them as much as I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I sure the colors doesn't mind that you like them so much.

      Delete
  7. I love it! I can't remember if I've ever done that with color, but I've definitely done it with pieces of clothing. Sometimes, the pieces I think will work, DON'T and the pieces I try on 'just because' usually end up working! It's good to take some risks and step out of our comfort zone sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ying. I have the same issues. Thanks to the blogging community I have learn to take more risks. =)

      Delete
  8. Wow, I thought the Loft skirt was this season for a moment. Looks really good. Great combination and I think it's a great outfit for work or grabbing coffee.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I haven't found a skirt that I love as much as this one and another Loft skirt I purchased last year.

      Delete
  9. Another skirt that we both own :) It looks great on you, love it with the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you took out the yellow blouse. It goes very well with the skirt. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Jessy. I was surprise how well the yellow looked with the skirt.

      Delete
  11. This is so chic! That print on your skirt is to die for :)

    <3 from San Francisco

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just discovered your blog and I think is lovely! Would you like to be friends and follow each other?
    xoxo,
    Fashionhypnotised girl

    ReplyDelete
  13. That yellow shirt is great on you! Color and shape fit you well. I really love that yellow, I had a sweater which is same color as your shirt and loved it so much. Once my mom threw them away, I'm still looking for that color more than 15 yrs. When I had that color on me, I felt really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a bummer that your mom threw them away. I hope you find the color again.

      Delete
  14. That skirt is so cute! I tend to stay away from pink, but that's more because I don't like it rather than not liking how it looks on me :)
    Sarah
    www.comingunstitched.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Sarah. I think you need to find the right shade of pink.

      Delete
  15. Yellow looks fab on you and I love the floral print skirt! Thanks for your sweet comment, dear!
    http://fashionablyyours-juneli.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh please, no need to dislike yellow because you thought it looked bad on you before, it looks fantastic!!

    Wida
    Missing Amsie Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. ohhhh love!! you look gorgeous and you should most def not shy away from yellow it looks FABULOUS on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I'm hoping to add more yellow to my wardrobe this Spring.

      Delete
  18. Ying, yellow looks great on you! Many asians are convinced that yellow is not a good selection but it often times is. It just depends on the shade! The loft skirt you are wearing is also one of my favorite pieces they ever came out with, too bad I hesitated and my size sold out shortly after it hit the stores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Oh that suck about the skirt. This was one of the Loft skirt that I had to have.

      Delete
  19. Great blog and I'm your newest follower.
    If you like, follow me back. It would make me very happy ;)

    minnja.blogspot.com

    LOVE
    Minnja

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for being my new friend sweetie, I just followed you back!:*

    ReplyDelete