Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Wanna Salsa

Wearing: Loft Blouse - XSP, Target's Xhilaration Junior Tulip Skirt - S, Guess Open Toe Pumps -6

My husband doesn't really pay too much attention to fashion so I was a little surprised when he mentioned to me that he would like to see me in a high low hem skirt.

Since that day, I have been on the hunt for a high low hem skirt but I wasn't able to find one that I liked. The skirts I found were either too big or too shear.


I came across this skirt when I made a quick stop at Target during my lunch break. The price of the skirt online is $14.99 but in store it was on clearance for $10.48   Since I didn't have time to try it on I just bought the skirt and figured I pair it my wardrobe once I got it home.

 I love the floral prints and the skirt is a jersey like wrap skirt. It's material is 95% polyester, 5% spandex. The skirt is a little sheer and it's best to be worn with either a nude underwear or with a slip.

 I love the way the skirt flows when I move or dance. I imagine that this skirt would be great to wear for a night of Salsa dancing. Now if only I knew how to Salsa dance. Hmmm...I may have to consider taking Salsa dancing class. I wonder what the husband will say. =)



What do you ladies think of high low hem skirts?

33 comments:

  1. Ah, so super cute! I especially like the twirling photo :) Glad you found the perfect skirt! I just DIY'ed one but haven't taken photos for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SPG, please post it! I'm looking forward to seeing your DIY's one!

      Delete
    2. Thanks. SPG. I can't wait to see your DIY'ed skirt.

      Delete
  2. You look beautiful! I love this outfit, the colours are great and so are the shoes!!! Excellent find for a hi-low hem skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bessie. I almost return the skirt but decided to keep it after taking the photos.

      Delete
  3. That skirt looks really good on you. I love the combination of red blouse and that skirt. Really beautiful and sexy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the high low hem skirt. It looks gorgeous. So suitable for the Spring! - xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I can't wait for the weather to warm up.

      Delete
  5. Seriously, I want all of your shoes! I'm not sure about the skirt, it's not my personal style but you are totally rocking it! Pretty blouse too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Have you seen Chole of The Cholecospiracy shoes collections? She has an amazing shoes collections.

      Delete
  6. I've been looking for a well priced way to try out the high-low hem trend! Thanks for the tip- I'll have to check out Target this weekend. It looks so fresh and casually glamorous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Good luck with your search. The skirt is available in extra small online but I can't find the extra small in store.

      Delete
  7. Wow this is beautiful! I love this skirt! Often a lot of the high-low hem skirts I've seen are really extreme but I think this one is perfect! You guys SHOULD go salsa dancing LOL! What did your husband think of this skirt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine. I want to go. Let see if I can convince the husband. He use to break dance when he was younger. Initially he didn't like the skirt because of the floral print. But after seeing me style the skirt, he loved it. =)

      Delete
  8. I'm really impressed your hubby knew what a high-low skirt was! It looks great on you! What a great spring/summer skirt. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly my husband said that you are giving him too much credit. He didn't actually know the skirt type just the skirt cut.

      Delete
  9. The skirt is very pretty! I've been searching for a skirt or dress with the high low hem, but haven't found one that hits me at the right spot yet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing a great job here, i´ll be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oo I love it! Can't believe it's from target. It looks great. It makes me wanna go dancing. =)

    Bloglovetherapy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it on you! Tell you husband to take you salsa dancing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ying. I told my husband I want to learn how to salsa. He just chuckle.

      Delete
  13. gorgeous skirt, I love the color and print of it a lot!

    Long time I haven't stopped by, hope all is well my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is too funny that your husband suggested it.... my hubby almost never suggest anything, when it comes to fashion. :) you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Lol my husband only make suggestion when he want to see me wear a certain item. =)

      Delete
  15. I love the red & the high low skirt! I have been searching for the perfect high low skirt and am still hunting :)

    ReplyDelete