Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Something Old, Something New for Spring

Wearing: Express Printed Crew Neck Cardigan -XS , Banana Republic White Shell -XSP,  Loft Floral Skirt -O, Aldo Pump -6

Something Old
Have you ever walked into a store and been immediately drawn to a item?  Maybe it was the color, maybe it was the style, or maybe it was the design but for whatever reason you just had to try it on. That's what happened when I first saw this skirt. I was drawn by the beautiful colors and the floral print. I didn't have anything like it in my wardrobe so I was excited to try it on. It was only available in regular sizes. It ended up being slightly big on me so I sadly put the skirt away and left the store empty handed. But I couldn't stop thinking about the skirt and every time I went inside Loft I kept looking for the skirt. I finally succumbed to my yearnings one day when I saw that there were only two skirts left, one in a size 0 and the other in a size 4.

I am glad I finally got the skirt and it has became one of my favorites. I admit I was sad to put the skirt away when Spring ended last year.  With March here I couldn't wait to wear the skirt again.

My favorite thing about the skirt are the hidden pockets.

See how Tara styled this beautiful skirt here.

Something New
I came upon this Express Cardigan while tweeting with the beautiful Bessie of Bravoe Runway on what item she should buy with her Express gift card.  I was looking to add more prints to my wardrobe and this cardigan seems to just come along at the right time.  I originally wanted to pair the cardigan with a solid color dress or skirt but while looking through my closet I found the Loft skirt. Here is my second attempt at mixing patterns.





Ladies what items are you looking forward to pull out of your closet for Spring?

26 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous skirt - love the print! I'm looking forward to nautical themed looks and bright colors for spring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SPG. I'm looking forward to nautical themes and brights too.

      Delete
  2. YAY! So glad to see this cardigan make it's debut here on your blog :) I think it looks fabulous on you and also I like the floral skirt you paired it with! Awesome job on the pattern mixing and thank you for the shout-out ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. Thank you. I had to give you credit. It was thanks to you that I found the cardigan.

      Delete
  3. I love this outfit! Such a pretty skirt, and you did a great job mixing prints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! The skirt is beautiful, and I'm a big fan of Express cardigans--I have at least four or five that are similar to yours.

    Since it's about 65 degrees out today, I pulled out a coral-colored button-up skirt this morning. I picked it up last summer, and I'm so happy I get to wear it again. Can't wait to start wearing my other spring and summer skirts and dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love Express cardigans. I have a few too.

      Delete
  5. I have that same skirt and can't wait to take it out again soon! Love your take on it, would never have thought of this, but I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara. I'm going to link up your outfit to my post.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun mix of patterns! And the colors are gorgeous on you.
    Sarah
    www.comingunstitched.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely outfit! Lets be honest I love anything with flowers. I love that color too so spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love floral prints and can't wait to bust out my Spring outfits too! Yay for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I am hoping to add more floral prints to my wardrobes. =)

      Delete
  10. I have the same skirt! I am thinking of getting it altered, because it's too big on me. Looks really good on you!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen. The skirt is big on me too. Would love to see it on you.

      Delete
  11. what a fabulous skirt! yes, i am loving the hidden pockets, too! you did a great job styling the skirt... nice cardigan, and love the nude pumps. :) i am so looking forward to spring... but because i've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off, i'll probably wear more of my skinny jeans and flats.... lol! i am looking forward to wearing more skirts. :)

    have a great wknd!
    xoxo
    jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine. You're a busy mom. I am looking forward to wearing skirts without tights.

      Delete
  12. very pretty look! it is so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How pretty is this!! I'm obsessed with floral prints right now and you did an awesome job mixings yours! :)

    ReplyDelete