Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Forever21 Vibrant Peplum Blazer Forever


Wearing: Forever21 Blazer -S, Loft Dress -OP, Jessica Simpson Nude Pump- 6, 1928 Necklace

I apologize for the delay. I meant to get this post up earlier but life issues kept getting in the way.
My wardrobe was lacking in the blazers department so I decided to do a little shopping. When I shop for blazers my biggest issue is that the shoulder pads makes my shoulder seem broad like I'm wearing football gears. For helpful tips on how to find a good blazer check out Kelly post How to Find a Blazer Jacket That Fits.




I went to Forever21 looking for an affordable red or white blazer but I ended up finding this green blazer instead. As I was strolling around the store this peplum sihouette caught my eye. The blazer is a beautiful green color which is perfect for spring and is lined inside with a striped pattern.  It has shoulder pads but the peplum bottom help to balance out shoulder.  The sleeves are a bit long but that didn't bother me since I knew I could just tuck in the sleeve or wear the sleeve rolled up.

Side view of the blazer with the sleeve tucked in

The the full length of the sleeves 
Side view of the sleeves
Back view
Blazer open
Sleeves rolled  two times
Inside of the blazer

What I like:
-The peplum sihouette gives the blazer a feminine detail
- It's fully lined with a fun stripe pattern
- Can be worn in a professional or casual setting
- The green color is surprisingly versatile
-The blazer nip at the waist which helps to define the waist
-


What I dislike: 
-The material is soft and wrinkles very easily as seen in the photos
-The blazer is expensive for Forever21 at $29.80
- For me its the dreaded "Dry clean only"

Measurements - Small Laying Flat
Should: 14.5"
Bust:15"
Waist: 14"
Sleeve: 23"
Length: 22"
Body: 64% polyester, 31% rayon, 5% spandex
Lining: 100% polyester

Even though I think the blazer it's kind of expensive for a Forever21 item. I decided to keep it since I don't have anything like it and can see myself reaching for the blazer often. Oh yeah and I can't forget that St. Patrick's Day is coming up so I've got to have my green ready so I don't get pinch. =)












41 comments:

  1. I love the peplum style and the green color is super pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blazer! What do you think about following each other?:) Please let me know on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this blazer looks fantastic on you! The fit is great and no traces of football player shoulders present at all! I think $30 is a reasonable price for F21 blazers, it is lined...I've seen unlined blazers for the same price and think...you must be crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bessie. I think the quality of the material could be better. I have seen a few Forever21 blazer for $25 with better material. I hate that the blazer wrinkles.

      Delete
  4. Please tell me where are you following me:) Because I could't find you in "joim my site option" and I don't know where to follow back!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color of this blazer is super pretty on you (especially for the upcoming Spring). It also seems to fit you well. Now, you have something green to wear for St. Patrick's Day =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is if my daughter doesn't wear it for St. Patrick's Day. =)

      Delete
  6. amazing colour! i really like it:)

    cheers from poland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Color is beautiful on you and liner is so fun! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. just in time for st. patrick's day! i have to mention again....love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color and the cut of the back of it...the striped lining is fun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The lining does add a fun detail to the blazer. =)

      Delete
  10. Great and simple at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh love the color of the blazer!
    Sarah
    www.comingunstitched.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh...so that's the infamous green blazer. I remember you thinking about going back for it a few weeks ago. =)

    It's a great color for spring, and I love how nipped-in your waist looks with that peplum shape! I also really like the striped lining. It's so much better for us short girls who have to roll our sleeves when there's a fun lining to show off.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely color...Love it !!

    Dear, I am hosting FoxHouse international giveaway currently, where you can win $50 worth of Apparels and Shoes...Would mean a lot...Just click the link below to enter :)

    Enter FoxHouse giveaway and win $50
    ♡ StylishByNature.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect pairing! I love the green with pinks and peaches - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. When I got blazer I immediately thought of pairing it with the Loft dress. I'm glad it work out.

      Delete
  15. So cute, I love the colour of it and as SPG said I love how you paired it with those softer colours! The way the back is cut is adorable and I'm loving the striped lining. The fit reminds me of some H&M blazers that I have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine. I haven't have much luck with H&M blazers.

      Delete
  16. I love your outfit and jacket!:)
    Kiss from Poland! Follow me:

    http://wwwczekofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the bright green blazer!

    Lynn
    CARMEN VOGUE

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the color of your blazer, it screams SPRING!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love the stripes inside, when shopping for a blazer I like it when there are pretty designs in the sleeves so it would show a bit when you roll it up :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Pretty design are what usually draw me to a item.

      Delete
  20. great blazer! love the way it fits you... and lovely color. :) i'm the same way... i always get delayed in making a post go live... :)

    xoxo
    jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know I know I'm so bad at time.

      Delete