Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Vest and Scarf Tie

I hope everyone's week is going well.  I apologize for my lack of posts. I am still recovering from the illness I caught this past weekend.

Wearing:
Blouse:
Loft -OP
Vest:Express - OP
Skirt: Express -OP
Tight: Target
Scarf : Unknown brand bought from a shop in San Francisco Chinatown
Shoe: BCBG Genernation bootie -6

Sorry for the bad quality of the photos. I took these pictures last week and since I didn't have anyone to help me out I decided familiarize myself with the self timer on my camera. I didn't have a tripod so I had to place my camera on the seat of a chair and two reams of paper. The things we do just to take photos. =) I would like to eventually get a DSLR with a tripod and remote but for now I have to find creative ways to take my own photo when my husband is not around.


For work attire, I love the look of a vest paired with a blouse and a pencil skirt so when I found the vest and matching skirt at Express two years ago I was ecstatic.  The vest was a little too long on me so I shorten the strap of the vest. To add interest to the outfit I wore a floral scarf as a tie. I was lacking in my tieing a tie skills so I asked my husband to tie the scarf for me.

Ladies what is your opinions about vests and how would you wear the vest?

13 comments:

  1. This is an amazing outfit! Was this a recent Express purchase?

    So, my brother told me the other day that I can use the smile shutter on my camera instead of a remote, that way, I'm not awkward trying to pose with a remote in hand. It was really hard to get the right angles too. I could only stand certain ways in order for the sensor to work. I tried it yesterday - you can see the results in my post today. IT IS LIFE CHANGING YING. Lol. Does your camera have a smile shutter? I've noticed it on some point and click cameras too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Ying, thanks for the infor. The outfit is a old purchase. I'm trying to shop in my closet this year. So far so good. I will have give the smile shutter on my camera a try and see how it turn out. =)

      Delete
  3. Great job with this outfit, I can never figure out how to wear scarves except in the most boring ways. As for vests I'm kind of a newbie too, I only have one and it's cream so I reserve it for spring, although you're making me want to break it out now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine. I currenly have two and hope to get more in the future.

      Delete
  4. Great you found matching vest for a skirt. They look great on you together. I like that material of skirt and vest. I had these kinds of clothes before, now I don't know where they are. Time to look for them in my parent's closet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SS. Would love to see how you style your vest.

      Delete
  5. Hello darling..glad to hear you are feeling better! I like your girly take on menswear, the floral scarf turned into a necktie looks fab! Hmmm how would I wear this vets? I'd wear it with slacks or with jeans. If I did jeans, I'd make it an equestrian look, with a shirt and knee high boots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bessie, thanks for the inspiration. Equestrian look huh I love that idea.

      Delete
  6. I feel like so many people have been sick recently! Love what you did with the scarf here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara. I just glad my husband can help tie the scarf for me.

      Delete