Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Navy, Polka Dot and Mustard


I couldn't wait to wear the blouse I got from the Jason Wu's collection for Target so before I went to bed last night I started thinking of what items to pair with the blouse. When I first bought the blouse my initial thought was to pair the blouse with a pencil skirt. However, I wanted something that was softer than a structured pencil skirt. 


Deep in thought I suddenly remembered my conversation with my friend, Ying of My Dressy Ways, that I had the same Forever 21 lace and mustard pleated dress she had worn in her blog. Then a little light went off in my head  "why not pair the navy blouse with the mustard dress."

Wearing: Jason Wu for Target Blouse with Tie in Navy Dots - XS, Forever 21 Lace and mustard pleated dress worn as a skirt -S, New York and Company Black Belt -S/M, Ann Taylor Navy Perfect Pump Patent -5.5





The blouse is long and boxy (see here for review on the blouse) so I folded it and tucked the extra material under the wide belt. The belt had a stretching band which helped hold the extra material in place. 


Thanks to Jean and Elle's tweets I was able to score these Ann Taylor Navy Perfect Pumps for $35. What a deal!


Hope everyone is having a good week. Just one more day and the weekend will be here =). 



35 comments:

  1. I like that your outfit looks really soft. Great idea using dress as skirt. I'm not sure if I have the dress I could use as skirt, I would definitely try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can take almost any dress and use it as a skirt. =)

      Delete
  2. The perfect pumps were $35?!?! :O I like this blouse tucked into the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they were. Crazy deal! All thanks to Jean and Elle.

      Delete
  3. Ying, this outfit is so pretty! I couldn't figure out where this skirt was from in your initial Twitpic, but to hear that it's a dress is very surprising. You and the other Ying have done well making this dress very versatile. I'm still confused how you got all that excess fabric to fit neatly under a waist belt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. What I did was fold the blouse inward from the bottom until the length of the blouse was just a shorter than the bottom of the belt. Then I just tucked in the excess fabric under the belt. It also helped that the blouse is shear so it didn't create a bulge. The belt is made of a thick stretching band which help to keep the excess fabric in place.

      Delete
  4. I really like the navy and the mustard paired together ;) And great score with the pumps!

    katattack2000.wordpress.co

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! :)

    Join my GIVEAWAY! :)
    http://liberty-walk-sara.blogspot.com/2012/02/giveaway-la-coste-perfume-pour-femme.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. how wonderful!

    -COSMICaroline
    www.COSMICaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm amazed that you were able to tuck that blouse in and under without bunching! I love this combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ying. I was surprise it work too but I'm so glad it did.

      Delete
  8. I absolutely recognize that dress, both Kileen from Cute and Little and Ying from My dressy ways have it. It has a gorgeous lace bodice and I am impressed how you restyled it with a bow front blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Navy and mustard are awesome..and the polka dots make it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a beatiful color combination. I also bought that blouse and haven't woere it yet. I can use your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. blue and yellow are my favorite color-combos, and you nailed it with this look. very feminine and stylish.... great job. :)

    enjoy your wknd!~
    jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  12. That pleated skirt is AWESOME!!! That color is soooooo hot hot hot!!!!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckemranBitePlate.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous, i´ll be back soon.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That skirt is such a beautiful color! Loving your blog girl, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Navy and mustard look beautiful together! Great deal on the pumps!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore the skirt, the mustard colour is absolutely gorgeous <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like how a cheery yellow skirt adds a fun abd flirty feeling to a navy blouse. It brightens up and look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this colour combo! And what a great deal for AT pumps!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The navy blouse looks wonderful paired with the mustard skirt! And I couldn't even tell that the blouse wasn't a perfect fit.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  20. totally loving this outfit!! the colors are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this outfit! I recently wore mustard yellow too...great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the skirt. The color is just lovely. And I like how the soft fabric flows . Tres chic

    www.girllilikoi.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. super cute color combination. =)
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete