Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Jason Wu for Target Reviews

I usually try to avoid the madness of a collaboration launch but I love Jason Wu's designs and couldn't resist the Jason Wu collection for Target. The good thing about living in a big city is that there are several Targets. I wanted to avoid the crowd at the Target in Mission Valley so I checked the Target for Style Facebook page on Friday to see which other Target stores in San Diego would have the collection. The Target on College Avenue in Lemon Grove was the closest one to me so I decided to head there, though I was unsure of what to expect.

I arrived at 7:15 am and, to my surprise, there was no one there. The parking lot was empty except for a few cars that belonged to the employees who worked at the shopping center.  I walked to Starbucks to grab a drink and coffee cake and went back to my car to wait. About 15 minutes before the store was scheduled to open I saw a guy walk up to the front of the store with a shopping cart. 5 mintues later, I saw lady walking to the front and so I decided to join them. As soon as I joined them a few other ladies started showing up. We started talking and everyone who showed up was there for the Jason Wu Collection. The guy informed us that he checked online and it said that this Target had only a limited selection of Jason Wu Collection. *Note to self * next time I should check the store availability online before heading to the store*


When the doors opened at 8 am I hurried to see what selections were available. I had my eyes on the Lace-Print Straight Skirt in Blush and Sleeveless Pleated Shift Dress in Navy Dots with Black Belt. Unfortunately this Target didn't have them but I did grab a few other items to try.

*Edit: For reference I'm 4"11, 32-26-34, 102 lbs/ 46kg*


This was the first item I saw. It looked so pretty on the hanger. I love the color and the polka dot design with the tie. Right now I've currently obessioned with blouses with ties.   The fit of the blouse looked somewhat boxy on me due to me being petite. My husband said that it made me look like I was wearing an old lady's shirt when I texted him with the picture :p. However, once I tucked the blouse in it looked better. Unfortunately the color of the blouse made me look like I was ghastly pale.



I tried on the navy verison and liked this one better. The color looked much better on me. I think due to the color being darker it helped create the illusion that it was a tighter fit. I can see myself reaching for this blouse often.

I am always on the search for blouses that have interesting details so when I saw this blouse I was excited. Like the previous blouse, this one was a little boxy on me. It looked better on the hanger than it did on me =). The big sleeves on the blouse made it look akward. I think this blouse would have looked better on me if it didn't sleeves.


I love the floral print on this dress. The dress is very flowly and I love how it's so light weight, however, because of my size there is so much excess fabric that the dress didn't fit my body well even with a belt on.


When I first saw this dress, I almost didn't grab it but then I thought "what the heck" might as well try it to see how it fits. The dress was unflattering on me. I felt like a little kid wearing my mom dress.

The name of the dress indicated that the prints are dots but, in actuality, the prints are wagon wheels. I like this dress and was contemplating on getting this dress. If I did, I would need to have the side slimmed to fit better along my torso.

&

This outfit was featured on Target's Promotion for the Jason Wu for Target Collection. When I first saw it I thought it was a dress. To my surprise I found out later that it was two separate pieces. The top is very pretty and girly. I like the top but can't really see myself reaching wearing it often in combination with the clothes that I have. My goal this year to buy things that I either need, really want, or can combine with my other collection of clothes so I passed on the top.

As for the skirt, the floral print is gorgerous but the pleats on the skirt emphasizes how wide my hip are so it's a no go for the skirt. 

So what did I end up getting? I decided to get the Blouse Tie in Navy Dots.


Ladies did you shop the collections?

For more reviews on the Jason Wu Collection check out the following petite ladies. 
Little Flowers: Jason Wu for Target



30 comments:

  1. I didn't stop by Target until 5:30pm yesterday. My local store still had a lot left but the navy dress was nowhere to be found :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no that's a bummer. Hopefully the navy dress will become available online soon. I heard that they are going to restock soon. =)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting!! It looks like your Target had the same items mine had. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the blush dots was an unflattering color compared to the navy. I actually really like the Belize Blue blouse on you. It is boxy but the color is lovely and I think it would look good tucked in. I also like the mesh top but good for you on sticking to your buying goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SPG I love the color of the Belize blouse but I don't know about the fit. I may consider getting the mesh top if ever go on sale.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for review! I'm jearous of you! You tried so many pieces...You did good choice! I really like that navy blouse on you. You look really good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SS. I was lucky that day. I was the only tiny person there. The other ladies grabbed all the other sizes and left the xs.

      Delete
  4. Those blouses are super cute! I didn't even try for anything. I was too busy gearing up for Superbowl Sunday.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that the Target will be restocking the items online. If you don't mind the boxy fit then you should give the collection a try. =)

      Delete
  5. You are a trooper! 715 is so early! Glad you were able to find pick out something. =) I actually liked the Sleeveless Pleated Shift Dess in Blush Stripes with Black Belt on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to go early to avoid the crowd. My husband thought I was crazy. He just shake his head and said " you women are crazy when it come to fashion and shopping".

      Delete
  6. I tried to shop the collection but I woke up too late.
    I like the floral dress on you and the blouses.

    You know what I've noticed. That a lot of guys do not like this particular collection. I read on a few other blogs that the husbands or boyfriends said no to a lot of the pieces.

    My boyfriend made this face when I showed him one of the dresses I managed to find. He said it looked shapeless. But I have to agree. The dress did look boxy and shapeless. I'll give this collection another chance though, when I can get my hands on other pieces.

    http://myminibag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I text pictures of the items to my husband. He didn't like any of the pieces. When I brought home the navy polka dot and wore it for him to see. He said that the blouse look better in person.

      Delete
  7. I knew you would get that navy polka dotted bow front blouse! It's very much your style and I think this is a better selection than the yesstyle orange bow front blouse you had showed me a few weeks ago! Very nice pick! I didn't go to the jason wu collaboration, there wasn't anything that jumped out at me after looking at the target style online spread, and also in the magazines. I did like the pleated skirt with some stripes, but recently bought one from F21 so I decided to just save my money. The common review I've read is that the pieces all were off in terms of fit... I'm glad you got something :) I have this blouse and the new express cardigan to look forward to!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Bessie you know me so well. I can't seem to surprise you at all.hehehe So when will we get to see the F21 skirt?

      Delete
  8. wow, that pink one is the one i wanted, and you look amazing in it! you were able to grab some nice things. love them on you. a lot of people are saying the fit if off... but i found the fit very flattering. you look amazing in all!

    xoxo
    jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine. The fit is more boxy than what I am use to.

      Delete
  9. I love reading about an Amazing Race version of Target Collaborations and hauls. Glad your local Target was not like a circus. You tried on some lovely pieces here, i especially like the floral dresses. Very feminine on you and that navy bow blouse too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nelah. I'm glad too. I think they may have been only 10 of us who went to that Target and everyone was nice.

      Delete
  10. I think my favorite is the 3rd blouse you tried on. It's such a pretty color. I didn't try to get any of these pieces but I do really like the collection!
    Sarah
    http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. I really love the color of the 3rd blouse but didn't like the fit.

      Delete
  11. when i saw the Sleeveless Pleated Shift Dess in Blush Stripes on the commercial, I really really want to get it..now that I see it online I am not sure if I want to order it :( I wish it was a bit longer. that blouse you got would look really nice with a pencil skirt also! great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice review.
    can I ask size of last things?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca, Sorry about that. The top is xs and the skirt is a 2.

      Delete
  13. I also got that blouse. It's super cute. As I have been doing for years, I shopped the collection early and wrote a review. Love the blush striped dress and the navy floral dresses on you! Enjoy your new top!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You made some fine points there. I did a search on the subject and found a good number of folks will have the same opinion with your blog.
    HELLA 006805801 4-Pole Plug and Socket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robert. I hope my reviews was helpful.=)

      Delete
  15. I ordered the straw bag and the straw clutch. The straw bag was difficult to open and on the front buckle had
    Jason Wu then underneath that it said for Target. That really defeated the purpose of buying a designer bag then advertising you got it for cheap at Target. I returned the bag but kept the clutch. Large, cute and the
    jason Wu label was on the inside. Not impressed by the collection at all. Waste of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The accessories were the first things to go. I'm sorry to hear that the bag didn't work out for you. I actually like the collection just wish the fit was better.

      Delete
  16. Good pick with the navy blouse...looks cute on you! Unfortunately, I completely forgot about this launch and missed it all. haha

    ReplyDelete