Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ann Taylor's Fitting Room Reviews

*Sale ended*

Hi ladies, I hope you all had a great weekend. I just wanted to share a few reviews on Ann Taylor items. I took these photos with my iPhone so sorry for the bad quality.






The first thing I did when I walked into the store was head straight to the dress section to see what kind of dresses were available. My husband says my new obsession is dresses and I think he may be right. I picked up this dress because I loved the polka dots design. The dress is 96% polyester, 4% spandex and being machine washable is a plus since I hate spending money on dry clean. The material is thick and conforms to your torso and hips.



I liked the graphic design on this dress but it didn't look so good on me once I got it off the hanger and tried it on. I must say it did look really good on the model online though =). The dress is 96% rayon, 4% spandex, dry clean. It  looked so boxy on me. Looking at the dress online I noticed that the graphic dress on the model seemed to be centered while the dress I wore was slightly off center. 



Out of all the dress I tried this one is my favorite. I loved the color block design with the bright color accent and the fit seemed good. The length is a little long but I don't mind it so much. The dress is 85% polyester 15% spandex, dry clean. But at $158 it's pricey and dry clean only too =*(. Why why must you be dry clean! I'm adding this dress to my "I want list" (or is it my "I need list" hehe) so I hope there will be a good sale in the near future. 



I always like finding a fun dress for work and this dress fit the bill. The dress is 33% rayon 62% polyester 5% spandex, dry clean. Once again the dreadful dry clean. 




I love the bright color of this blouse when I first saw the blouse on Kelly. The blouse is 93% silk, 7% spandex, dry clean. I love that I can roll up the sleeves. 

The skirt 53% cotton, 41% polyester, 6% elastane is slightly too big on me. I may need to size down for a better fit.


The sleeves unrolled is a bit long for me. 


This how the blouse looked tucked into the skirt

See Kelly's  and Cher's reviews on this blouse
See how Tara styled this blouse. 


I like the color of shell; 70% rayon, 30% lyocell hand wash on the hanger. I'm not too sure if the color matches my skin tone. The material is thin and is best worn with a nude bra. 


20 comments:

  1. I loved the Geo print dress, but not very flattering on. I also didn't realize the print was only on the front. One of my biggest clothing peeves. The colorblock dress looks great on you though! I'm also loving the Doubleweave colorblock dress. Did you end up getting anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I didn't get anything. I limited myself to a budget of $150 per month and I have already spent $96 this months. =)

      Delete
  2. Both colorblock dresses look amazing on you! My favorite is actually the Doubleweave version because of the graphic lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for review. So you left with empty hands? I hate 'dry clean only' too. I still try hand wash if it is not so expensive, but I cannot for dress... Dry clean only eventually make me hesitate to wear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left empty hands. =) Good thing for my wallet. Somehow I'm always drawn to the items that are dry clean. Hate it.

      Delete
  4. Especially love the color block dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm I have not been to Ann Taylor since the last time I tweeted about it during the horrific snow! These are definitely some new pieces I didn't see, and hmmm how do you feel about buy 1 get 1 50% off at that store? I feel like if you want you can get it all for sale less extra 40% :) I am so bad hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bessie, you're not the only one. The buy 1 get 1 50% is still expensive for me. I'm hoping that they will have a 40% off entire store. 50% may be too much to ask for. =P

      Delete
  6. My fave has to be a Doubleweave Colorblock Shealth dress. I have yet to buy anything from Ann Taylor ever since i discover Petite community almost two years ago, not sure why. Their prices are quite good when they have sale, cant imagine paying full prices. Thanks for modeling these new pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. It's was fun trying on the new pieces. I agreed with the paying full prices. I usually wait for a good sale.

      Delete
  7. first of all... you have a great figure! i love how classy ann taylor stuff fits on you. i like the geometric one... very mod. :) also, the colorblock sheath is really amazing on you!!

    have a great thursday!

    xoxo
    jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jasmine. You're too sweet but it thanks to the clothes. The sheaths goes a great job of hiding my tummy fat. =)

      Delete
  8. Just bumped into your blog (found you at Really Petite) and loving it!!Following for sure!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours
    http://fashionablyyours-juneli.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh - I Love that Cobalt Blue Silk Camp Shirt - the color is amazing! Funny how I don't own a single Ann Taylor item yet, that might change soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the color of that blue blouse and how the colorblock sheath dress fits on you! Dry cleaning is a pain though...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the colorblock sheath dress on you. It's different.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete