Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Throwing a Pair of Pants into the Mix


Wearing:
Cardigan: 
New York and Company old -XS
Shell: Ann Taylor Silk Necktie Shell with Pintucks old - OP
Pant: Express old-OS
Shoe: Ann Taylor Perfect Pump -5.5

Hi everyone, I hope you are all having a great week. The weekend is almost here. =) My husband usually tries to come and have lunch with me at least once a week and since he had joined me for lunch today I asked him to take a few photos.

My work outfits have lately consisted of the following combinations; blouse with a skirt, cardigan with a skirt, or a dress with or without a cardigan.  Every now and then I throw a pair pants into the mix.



I love the silk tie-neck blouse but unfortunately my bow-tying skills are lacking. See the same top on Kelly of Alternations Needed and Jean of Extra Petite.  Any recommendations on tying a perfect bow?

This is the Express short length pants. The length is fine as long as I'm wearing three and a half inch heels but is a little long when worn with flats. Looking at the photo I noticed that the pants is slightly big on me but the fit was perfect when I first purchased it. My weight seems to fluctuates alot so sometimes the pants can feel: too tight, fit just right, or feel slightly loose.  Do you ladies have the same issues?

12 comments:

  1. Too funny! I'm wearing a VERY similiar outfit in my post today too. An AT shell, Target cardi and Express pants. LOL. I love my express pants (that my husband so sweetly bought for me) but after seeing the pics - not sure they're the right pants for me! Like you, I think they look too big on me. They fit fine, but I think the wide leg cut isn't flattering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ying the sad thing is this pant is a flare cut and not wide leg. I'm not sure why the pants look like wide leg.

      Delete
  2. It’s refreshing to see a petite blogger in pants =) The color of your blouse looks so lovely on you. I have the same one (in a different color) that I haven’t worn for a while. Have a great weekend, Ying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sydney. Which color did you have?

      Delete
  3. I have the same issue with pants. Seems like when my weight fluctuates it all happens in my stomach/hip area. It's frustrating when pants that fit like a glove now hang off my hips and look so unflattering. Just have to live with it I guess. Love the outfit though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn that is one of the reason I hate shopping for pants.

      Delete
  4. My weight fluctuates a lot too and I have the same issue with pants, especially my work pants! Love the color of your shell, so, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mint on mint look and I a-l-w-a-y-s have weight fluctuations so I completely sympathize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet that you guys have lunch once I week! I love this outfit, and the colour of the blouse!!! I have this blouse in the darker colour, I can't tie it either so it's in a knot that hangs loose never in a bow :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always pack on a few pounds in winter and then it fluctuates down in the Summer...lol

    I have that silk bow shell in 2 colors and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My weight fluctuates hit me hard since I carry most of my weight on the hip and thighs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very much a pant person this winter, I havent wore a skirt in such a long time! I cant wait for spring so I can start wearing them again

    ReplyDelete