Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Snow Leopard, Floral and Cobalt Blue


Wearing:
Cardigan:
Express Snow Leopard -XP old
Top: Modcloth dress worn as a top S
Tigh: Limited -S
Belt: Limited -S
Shoe: Arden B. old -6



The only animal print clothing I own is a cardigan with snow leopard prints. I like that the print is more on the subtle side. The close up photos made the color of the cardigan look biege but it really has more of a pink tint to it. This is probably the closest I will come to owning any clothing that has animal print on it =). Even though I love seeing the petite bloggers rock the animal print I'm not sure if I would like a bolder animal print.

The cobalt blue top is actually a dress that I purchased from Modcloth during their Cabinet Fever Sale. The dress was on final sale for $13.  The reviews indicated that the dress material is very thin and sheer. I would have to say that I agreed. The dress is too thin to be worn even with tights and I would probably recommend wearing it with a slip. As much as I hated buying final sale items online I figured I could always wear the dress as a top for now and when summer came around I could wear the dress with a slip.



Here I am playing with my camera and the window reflections before my husband stopped by my office to say "hi."


Yummy Thai food for lunch from Sala Thai to celebrate a collegue's last week of work with us.

Hope everyone's week is going well. Hang in there, the weekend is almost here. =)

28 comments:

  1. This outfit's so cute! Love it! I like the subtle "snow leopard" print, it's just the right amount of fierce when paired with your lovely AT skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle. The skirt is one of my fave. For some reason I'm thinking of a snow leopard playing in a field of flowers.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE those boots! This is a really cute outfit! I love the bow detail on that dress! Hopefully you'll be able to make it work as a dress! The one thing I hate about buying online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ying. I hate final sale but that hasn't stop me from buying. lol The boots were also a final sale from Arden B for $25.

      Delete
  3. this is a great look, the boots really make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never have thought to pair boots with this skirt....LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara. I was original going to wear a nude pumps but the weather was too cold.

      Delete
  5. That 'snow leopard' looks really cute. I love it. I'm not brave enough to wear any animal print, but this cardigan looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SS. I didn't think I would like animal print but this cardigan changed my mind. You should try it. Start with a subtle print. I think you will look great wearing animal print. =)

      Delete
  6. Love the detailing on that skirt :) really cute look with boots!
    That is a very subtle animal print! I couldn't really tell it was animal print until the upclose picture

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. If I didn't buy this cardigan online.I would haven't know the print was an Snow Leopard.

      Delete
  7. I've been stalking this skirt for months :) Since I already own the outlet version from last year, I am not in any hurry. Great look, Ying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sydney. Good luck on finding the skirt. I know the skirt will look fantastic on you. =)

      Delete
  8. Ying this look is awesome! I think you have to give leopard prints a try :) I love leopard, I've had a love affair with them since I was in high school! Anyways, I hate thin dresses because I hate wearing slips. But for $13...hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Bessie. For $13, I can't really complain. I may venture into bold animal print eventually. I'll probably start with a belt, scarf or shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That shade of blue is so gorgeous. It pops beautifully.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh I didn't even realize it was animal print! That's probably a print I would consider wearing, I'm the same as you, I see other bloggers rock the animal print but I'm just not drawn to it for myself ;)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine. It's hard to tell if it animal prints unless you look closely.

      Delete
  12. The skirt!!! I find my hands reaching for it when I browse AT's site. Absolutely ridiculous picture I make I'm sure, lol. Love how put-together and cozy you look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cee.I was doing the same thing when I first saw the skirt.

      Delete
  13. You look super tall in this outfit! I love your dress worn as a shirt - the blue color is lovely on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SPG. I want to get the dress because of the color and the bow on the dress. The bow on the dress remind me of the diy JCREW bow top you made.

      Delete
  14. Very gorgeous
    Great blog, I´ll follow
    Follow me back?
    xoxo

    http://besosmulticolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cobalt blue is one of my fave colors now and I think you did a great job styling that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that cobalt blue with the lace! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete