Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

A Quick Marshalls Fitting Room Reviews

I had an hour before I had to pick up my son so I decided to check out the local clothing stores.  Every now and then I like to head to Marshalls to see if I can find anything so I decided to stop by the one that was in the area. As exciting as it is to find a great deal, I have to admit, I get overwhelmed looking at the racks and racks of clothes. The Marshalls was smaller than the other Marshalls I've been to and didn't seem to have as good of a selection. But after going through the racks I found two dresses that look like they may have the right cut for my body.

First up is this dress. It was on clearance for $10. The intricate details on the dress is lovely in person and for an added bonus the dress has hidden pockets.



However the dress ended up not complimenting my figure and the dress looked wider than it actually was on me.
Verdict: Pass. It was a great price but I didn't love the dress enough to want to spend money on alterations.

Up next is this pretty red dress with pockets. The color and the collar details was what drew me to this dress.





This dress looked better on me than the previous one. I liked how the dress sits naturally on my waist and, did I mention that, I loved the pockets. I also liked that the arm hole is not too big. However the material is thin so it's not a good dress to be worn out during the winter unless you layer the dress. 

Verdict: Pass...for now.  I'm trying to be more practical and only buy the clothes I need (or at least really really really want =D). 

Ladies, how often do you shop at Marshalls? 





10 comments:

  1. I love both dress. They are really gorgeous on you.

    I'm trying not to buy anything I don't need now, but eventually I'm buying. I have to think carefully before buying. You did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was trying to be good and not buy anything. =)

      Delete
  2. Great buying philosophy! Better on the wallet and for the closet. I like shopping Marshall's for accessories or home stuff. Marshall's and TJ Maxx have the coolest home goods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly. Now that only thing is remembering that philosophy.

      Delete
  3. You just reminded me that I've not been in for a while. I think the last time I stopped by was slightly before xmas. I love Marshall's but I generally need a lot of time to browse! I like the red dress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agreed with you that you need a lot of time to browse. I usually go during lunch which is not the best thing to do.

      Delete
  4. I've never actually been to a Marshall's before - didn't have them growing up so never ventured into one. I love the details at the collar of the red dress but the skirt portion seems less interesting in comparison. I think it would look better with a more structured skirt? Good shopping control!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agreed with you on a more structure skirt. If the dress did have a structure skirt I probably would have got it. =)

      Delete
  5. I go to TJ maxx more then Marshall actually, but they do have cute cheap kids clothes at Marshalls. I actually have that red dress in turquoise and it's pretty comfy in summer time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reasons all the TJ Maxx are faraway. Marshalls is the closest store to my workplace. I do like how the dress is light, airy and perfect for summer.

      Delete