Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Petite Fashion Challege# 12 From Night to Day

This month's Petite Fashion Challege is hosted by Khatu of I am Khatu. Be sure to visit Khatu's blog to see her and all the other petite ladies entries.



The Challenge: Restyle a glamorous look that you would typically wear for a night-out-on-the-town into daytime casual wear.

This is my first time paracipating in a Petite Fashion Challege so I'm kinda nervous. Lets see what I can come up with.

When I read this month's challege the first thing that came to my mind was "how can I take a sequin tank and utilize it in the three ways outlined in the contest?"

Going out: I'm not comfortable with wearing just the tank with the mini skirt so I wore a cardigan over it.  Since the sequin tank really stood out I wanted to keep the accessories to a minimum and only added a gold bracelet.

                        Cardigan: Charolette Russe old -M
                        Tank: Express Sequin-Front Tank in Venetian Teal - XS
                        Skirt: Limited old -0
                        Shoe: Nine West - 6 (bought it from Ross for $7)

Casual Day: I wanted to use the tank as a pop color to a netural outfit. The sequin tank is very long so I tucked in the extra length.


                     Top: Banana Republic Factory old-XSP
                     Tank: Express Sequin-Front Tank in Venetian Teal - XS
                     Jean: Limited old -2S
                     Shoe: Ann Taylor Peep Toe Bootie -6


In case you are wondering this how long the tank is.


                    
Work: I kept the outfit simple and layered the tank over a ruffle shell and under a blazer.

                             Blazer: Limited old -0
                             Shell: Banana Republic Factory old - XSP
                             Tank: Express Sequin-Front Tank in Venetian Teal - XS
                             Shoe: Ann Taylor Perfect Pump 5.5

So how did I do on my first Petite Fashion Challege?

28 comments:

  1. you did great on your 1st PFC ying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through PFC. Love it and will follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your first PFC :D I like the work look. The pop of colour & sequins just adds "fun" to the whole look : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so creative with the sequin tank! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that somewhat early 70s-esque vibe the day look has...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful sequin tank! I love the color of it and it paired so well with all the outfits. So pretty!

    Yay on your 1st PFC ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your first PFC Ying! My favorite is your work look. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great sequined top! My fave is also the work look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely and loving your strappy evening heels!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @AubreyOhDang! Thanks. I was so nervous. Drove my husband nuts. lol
    @Victoria - thanks for stopping by and following my blog.
    @The Little Dust Princess thanks, it definitely make a suit less boring.
    @Tam thanks, it was hard trying to figure out what to style the sequin tank.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @just tututiny- congrat on your first PFC too!
    @ Alterations Needed @ SewPetiteGal . thanks ladies. I thought I did horrible with the work look, lol
    @ Olyvia Can you believe I found them at Ross for $7? Couldn't pass on a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You pull this off so well! Love those strappy shoes. :)

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of your outfit esp the work outfit.

    Great post.

    Fun Challenge btw.

    myminibag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love finding steals at Ross! I actually like the going out look the most...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that tank - teal is the colour this year I read! All your looks are great - simple and chic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you used that sequin tank as a vest...I would never have thought of that! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job on your first PFC! The teal color looks great on you (especially when paired with brown).

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did a great job!! I like the evening outfit best- so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You really transformed the sequin top. I especially love the work outfit. Its such a classy look!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE the last look with the tank and the ruffled shirt. Super cute and professional while still being fun.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the color of that tank-- it is stunning! I can even imagine it in the summer with a great pair of white jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You did such a great job with this challenge! I love how you wore it for going out, but all three outfits are super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think you did a great job styling the 3 outfits for the challenge! My favorite is the going out version!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love all these looks, but the last one if my favorite! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great idea making a tank into a vest, I would have never thought to do that. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for your comments on my PFC outfit.

    I like your interpretation of the challenge. The sequin top is surprisingly versatile and the colour is divine.

    E
    http://ritesofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on our first PFC! Hope you had lots of fun! I love the teal color and you did a fab interpretation :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. @Chelsea Elizabeth. I can't wait for spring so I can wear the shoe again.
    @my mini bag It's definitely a fun PFC.
    @Karen (littlepiecefnb) I love Ross but it's usually a hit and miss for me.
    @couturecoco Thank you, Teal is one of my favorite color.
    @TaraMixandMatch Thanks, I'm glad it turn out ok.

    ReplyDelete