Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mixing Patterns

One of my style goals for 2012 is to learn how to mix patterns. I love how these ladies; Ann of 9 to 5chic, Tara of Mix and Match Fashion and Jen of  Her Waise Choice, makes mixing patterns seem so effortless and chic.  Mixing patterns is a challenge for me. I couldn't seem to grasp the concept on styling two prints without looking like a hot mess. =)

I wanted to start with little patterns and hopefully be more adventurous once I get better at it. I got my inspiration from Jean's post Style in a Suitecase, Part 1- Gingham and Lace. I love how she styled her lace skirt with the gingham shirt. I have the same lace skirt and wanted to style it with the same color combination along with something a little more feminine.

Wearing:
Top: 
The Limited old -XS
Skirt: Ann Taylor Glazed Lace Skirt
Belt: Ann Taylor  old -XS
Bracelet:The Limited old
Shoe: BCBG Genernation bootie -6

See how Jean paired the skirt with another outfit here.
See how Elle styled the skirt here, here, here and here.

18 comments:

  1. You did a great job! You definitely have me wanting to plan an outfit with pattern mixing for work this week!

    And love those booties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You should. I would love to how you mix your patterns.

      Delete
  2. This look totally works! Because the patterns are similar in color, they don't clash at all. The shoes are adorable too so great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I have the same skirt, but I did not think I could pair like you. I would try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I got my inspiration from Jean. I think you'll be fine. Would love to see how you style your skirt. =)

      Delete
  4. This turned out to be so pretty! I'm still learning about pattern mixing too. So far I've only mixed "safe" patterns like stripes, dots, or checks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I feel like I have a long way to go. I want to try florals and stripes next.

      Delete
  5. I love the skirt, it's a subtle but very pretty pairing with the blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a great job styling the skirt! The lace and the pattern make a fantastic pairing! I haven't touched my black lace skirt since the last I wore it out to my Mom's birthday dinner ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bessie, the compliment means a lot coming from you. You're the queen of styling.

      Delete
  7. This is a great pairing! I love the mixing of prints trend, but the funny thing is, I don't own a lot of pieces with print! I'm so boring! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ying, you're so cute. You're not boring. I love the colors you have in your closet.

      Delete
  8. Love this! I don't know how to pattern mix much, I think you did it nice and subtly, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete