Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Lunar New Year, Mustard & Ketchup

Happy Lunar New Year!Chúc Mừng Năm Mới! Kung Hei Fat Choy!


The fun thing about working in the international education field is the wonderful cultural holidays we get to experience. To celebrate the Lunar New Year and welcome the Year of the Dragon, we held a celebration for our students.


Look Lantern head=)
Wearing:
Cardigan:
 J.Crew old - XS
Cami: Banana Republic - XSP
Skirt: Express - OO
Tigh: Target -S
Necklace: Banana Republic -recent
Shoe: Arden B. old -6

I wanted to wear some fesitive colors to celebrate the Lunar New Year so I decided on a red and yellow outfit. I originally thought of pairing red with yellow for an outfit post but haven't been able to do it. When I found out we were going to have this even I thought "this would be a perfect opportunity to wear this outfit." The red paired with yellow combination reminded me of ketchup and mustard hence the title ketchup and mustard. =)


I was playing with the settings on my new camera. The two outfit photos were taken with the soft element feature of my camera.

Since I was too shy to ask my colleagues to take more photos, I used the reflection of the black window of the building to take this photo.


Close up view of the necklace.

Have a wonderful week everyone! Thank you for stopping by.

14 comments:

  1. LOL!! Latern head :P

    You look great, I love this unexpected combination, but yeah ketchup and mustard are a perfect pairing so why not? That necklace is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!I was looking through my closet to find an item to pair with my red skirt. I saw the yellow cardigan and thought of ketchup and mustard. =)

      Delete
  2. I love the colors! Especially the brown tights with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. color combo is nice. very fall/winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! You look fantastic in your 'ketchup and mustard,' outfit...but I think it's more red and gold for our traditional colours! What a nice event for the international students, I always felt bad for them as many didn't have family here and didn't always have the chance to go home during the school year to celebrate their holidays and observe their traditions. I hope we get to see your beautiful face in these posts soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Red and gold, I like that. lol I do matched the lanterns, and streamers. One day I may reveal myself but for now I'm remaining anonymous for personal issue.

      Delete
  5. Really nice pictures. Love your beautiful skirt and your amazing necklace :)

    Lovely greetz from germany.

    xoxo
    Ina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Lunar New Year! :)

    Cute outfit for a rainy day! I love your reflection picture! Too funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous necklace and I love your take on "mustard and ketchup" - very pretty together (as well as festive)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty necklace! I love how well the yellow and red go together too. Happy Lunar New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy new year!!!! hehe love the lantern head ;)

    ReplyDelete