Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Gray Coat


Wearing:
Coat:
I.N.C- gift from husband old - SP
Dress: Loft Lace Sweater Dress- XP
Scarf: unknown brand - gift from colleague
Hat: Aldo
Earring: Loft
Shoe: BCBG Genernation bootie -6


It's finally beginning to feel like winter in San Diego.  For the past few weeks the weather here has been really nice but after it rained this weekend, the temperature has dropped and winter has started to settle in. Winter here is pretty mild compared to the Midwest and East Coast. I know for sure I wouldn’t survive the harsh winter there.
I received this grey coat from my husband for Christmas a couple years ago. It has become one of my "go to" coats. I love that the coat is simple but can be very versatile. I can throw it over my work outfit or wear it with a dressy outfit for a night out. One of the downsides of the coat is that the material (69% polyester, 27% rayon, 4% spandex) is very thin and there is no lining so it will not keep you warm in very cold weather.  Fortunately, you can just add a sweater underneath the coat for added warmth and, since it is thin, you will not feel like you are losing some mobility from the layering.



It’s been a while since I bought a new coat and I think it's about time to get a new one. I’m currently on the hunt for an affordable black coat.  Hope everyone's week is going well.

15 comments:

  1. LOL, love your side reveal! What brands are you looking into? I got a Soia and Kyo one last year that I love, but it was pricey for me! I was on the hunt for a winter coat for our usually brutal Toronto Winters but it's been so mild this year so I've been unmotivated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the JCrew coats but they're out of my price ranges. I’m looking for an affordable coat that is similar to JCrew.

      Delete
  2. Yay for the side reveal and I love the pop of color from your scarf! Aside from J. Crew, I've had good luck with coats from Miss Sixty (sleeves are long though). Here's a post with an old review if you're interested :) http://sewpetitegal.blogspot.com/2010/12/miss-sixty-outerwear-review.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SPG- Thank you so much for link. I like the look of the coats. Will definitely need to check out Miss Sixty.

      Delete
  3. Your new coat is gorgeous, and even though it has no lining, I think you'll survive a 'warm' winter in CA. In Chicago you would freeze! The scarf is pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bessie- LOL I will definitely freeze in Chicago. BRRR.. I'm getting cold just thinking about it. =P

      Delete
  4. Very pretty coat...I love your scarf too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous of your sunny weather. Living in the Midwest, a warm coat is definitely a must. Good luck finding your new coat. I will keep an eye out for you =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute pair with the hat! And that gifted scarf is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.I bought the hat a couple year ago but haven't have the chance to wear it.

      Delete
  7. Where do you live? SO jealous that you can go bare-legged..

    ReplyDelete