Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Red, Lace and Pho



Wearing:
Top: Forever 21 Chantilly Lace Dress wore as a top -S
Skirt: Express Ultimate Double Weave Pocket Pencil Skirt in Mars Red - OO
Shoe: Loft Wendy Suede Round Toe Wedge -5.5
Necklace: Loft Collection Rhinestone and Chain Link Bib Necklace

Armed with the new camera my husband gave me, I dragged him out to Balboa Park to take my first outfit. I love the idea of a lace top paired with a red skirt. I was on the lookout for a red skirt and found this at Express. I usually wear a size 0 but it seems that Express has changed their sizing and size 0 is too loose on me now. For reference I'm 4'11, 32-23-34. I love the skirt and look forward to finding different clothes to pair with it. My only complaint is that because the skirt is 49% Polyester, 47% Cotton, and 4% Spandex, it wrinkles very easily.   For more ways on what to wear with a red skirt check out the beautiful and talented Jean's  Extra Petite blog.

Close view of the necklace.

For my husband's reward for helping with my first outfit post, I treated him to his favorite food, Pho. If he could, my husband would have Pho every day. =)

11 comments:

  1. Love this combo. Especially for the holiday season. : ) What a great first outfit post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Balboa!! Its such a pretty area :) The lace goes well with the red skirt :)

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like our husbands would get along great! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @My Dressy Ways - My husband is easy to please. Treat him to a bowl of Pho and he is happy =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhh that necklace looks gorgeous! :) love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that red skirt...so festive! I'm a pretty new petite blogger too nd looking fwd to following you! Do you live in San Francisco??

    ReplyDelete
  7. @charlene-ann - thank you.
    @ Karen - thank you and welcome. I live in San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss BalboamPark so much. Used to live just a block away. Welcome to blogging! Looking forward to your updates?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Chris @ Granola2Glam Thank you for stopping by =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit and the lace top looks spectacular on you! I can't wait to read more of your posts and have a Happy New Year! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Jess Thank you for the compliment and for stopping by my blog! =)

    ReplyDelete