Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Post Christmas Shopping

I went to the mall after Christmas to return a few items and, of course, to see if there were any good deals. This year the deals felt like they were "meh." I feel like the deals last year were better.  I stopped by Banana Republic since they were having a "get an additional 30% off of on sale items." I didn't see anything that really stood out to me and was about to walk out the store when I noticed the cardigan. It's on sale for $27.99 with an additional 30% = $19.59 The cardigan didn't look like anything special on the hanger but since I didn't have a cardigan in that color I thought "why not try it out to see how it would look on me." I ended up buying it along with a white cami. The cardigan is made of Italian yarn which consists of 47% wool, 45% nylon, and 8% cashmere. It's a thicker cardigan that's nice to have when the weather gets colder but, unfortunately, it's not as soft as it looks and may feel a little scratchy for some people. For me it's not too bad.  It looked better on me then it did on the hanger, or at least I should hope so =).

Wearing:
Cardigan: Banana Republic Gold Button Cardigan in Sangria XP
Cami: Banana Republic
Skirt: Ann Taylor Snow Flower Lace Skirt - OP
Belt: The Limited
Shoe:  Aldo Nude Pump old -6


I love anything with lace so I was pretty happy when I saw this skirt at Ann Taylor. It retails for $128. I really loved the design and details on it but it was too pricey for me, even at 50% off the retail price. So when I received my $20 rewards card I knew I had to go and get it. The material of the skirt is made from 76% nylon and 24% polyester. It is little stiff and doesn't allow much room for stretching. My only complaint is it that for such an expensive skirt it doesn't have a lining.


The full length of the cardigan.
Cardigan Measurement: shoulder:13.5", bust: 16", waist: 14.6", length: 23", sleeve: 23"
Skirt Measurement: waist: 12', hip: 16" length: 18"

The back view




17 comments:

  1. Oh yay you got the skirt! It looks so pretty paired with pink, love it! I'm headed to AT today, you've enticed me to try it on if they have it in my size!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi :)
    I was wondering what is the name of the essie polish you sent to extrapetite.com for the secret santa ?
    I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your skirt and cardigan. I was going to buy the same cardigan, but it looked really weird on me... I really like that color!! Looks good on you!

    SS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute outfit. Love the pink cardi and the skirt is so pretty : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. @TaraMixandMatch - Thank you for helping me with the decision to buy the skirt. I hope you're able to find it. =)

    @Anonymous - I brought the Essie nail polish based on the color of the polish. I did't really paid attend to the name. I think it is It's a Genius but I have to double check. I'll let you know as soon as I found out. Sorry couldn't be not help.

    @SS -Aww. Thank you. I was worry the color will be to bright.

    @ Really Petite - Thank you Annie, your're so sweet.

    @ Annie - Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your nude heels! PS: how to join the petite blog roll?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that belt as worn on Thursday's post and also that sweater... You may be my 2nd style twin, my first one is Tara from Mix n Match! I did get the sweater in a heather gray yesterday and BR was offering 30% off the sale items plus an extra 20% off if you spent over $100 :D so...my cardigan was only $16 dare I say...mine's better hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Helen do you mean how to get on the my blog roll?
    @Bravoe Runway lol you did get the better deal. =P. It's so exciting to have a style twin. Can't wait to see your post with the sweater. Saw your outfit with the belt and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @With Each Passing Day. Sorry I mean the petite bloggers online community:) Thanks ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Helen,lol ok so silly of me. I would recommend that you contact Kelly of Alternations Needed http://www.alterationsneeded.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the punchy color of your cardigan! Shopping hauls are the best!

    I just started my blog and wrote an end of the year shopping post too! Hope you enjoy!

    http://www.aprettythought.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, such pretty purchases! I love that Sangria color - looks great against your skin tone :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @With Each Passing Day: No, it's my fault:) Thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the lace and nude. What a cute outfit and pairing!

    KT

    ReplyDelete